A lot of people have come across the error message saying ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED. It is OK if you do not have an active internet connection, but even after having a running internet connection this message pops up, then there is something wrong.
This error is not letting the browser to get through and connect with a certain website. It is restricting the user’s access to the network. But you can be rest assured; this article is going to fix this problem for you. All you need to do is, try out the following methods of fixing “err internet disconnected’ error.
Here are the methods to fix this error.
Method 1: Fixing local area network setting:
The primary reason behind this error is an auto change within Local Area Network within the PC. So we shall modify that.
1. The first step is to go in control panel. If you are using Windows 10 then press “Win+X” and for any other version of windows, simply go to the control panel from “start”.
2. From the Control panel, go to the “internet options”.
3. Within the internet Options, you shall navigate to the “connections” tab present at the top of LAN Settings.
4. When you are present within the LAN, click on “uncheck” for every option and then click on OK. This should work for you. And if this is not working for you then try out the next method.
Method 2: Clearing browsing data:
It is possible that the cookies and caches can also disconnect the internet connectivity. In that case, you need to clear them. The browsing data on Mozilla Firefox and Chrome can be cleared by pressing altogether “Ctrl+shift+del” key.
This will open a complete new window on your browser, (Chrome or Mozilla). Click on the clear now button and all the browsing history shall be cleared. Then you need to restart the browser to weave through the internet.
The browsing data of Chrome can also be deleted if you type “Chrome://history” in address bar and then tick on “clear browsing data” option. Check all the boxes within that window an then click on “clear browsing data” again.
Method 3: Turning off windows firewall:
Though it is not recommended to turn off windows firewall of your computer or Laptop, because it can have adverse effects on the safety of your device. But, this is a part of the solution to this error.
1. Go to control panel and click on “windows firewall”.
2. When the option of windows firewall opens, you can turn off windows firewall from the left hand menu.
3. Turn off windows firewall for both the “private” and “public” settings. And then click on OK.
Method 4: Disable Antivirus software:
Sometimes it happens that he antivirus software disconnects the network connectivity and this is why you need to disable or uninstall he antivirus software when you face this error. After that you have to refresh the browser. You might be connected to the internet network.
If the internet is connected then keep the antivirus program disabled. Or you can reinstall the software allowing it to permit internet access.
So, this is how you can fix ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error easily. If you face any problem, comment below. We will try to help you out.